Thursday, May 22, 2008

Sad day

Well, today has been a sad day. My wife blogged about the tragic death of Steven Curts Chapman's youngest daughter from China. SCC's son struck her accidently with their car. . . . so sad. I pray for a) a way through the guilt for SCC's son and b) that this tragedy would not derail the prophetic and missional mindset and example of this family. They've led the way on adoption recently in the Christian community.

Also, today, I found out that my cousin, Savannah passed away last night. She had an in-operable brain tumor that was discovered at Christmas. It's really sad, she's 16 years old, and kind of the 'baby' of our family. Pray that God would speak to her family through this tragedy, and that he would be Glorified through it.

What do we say on days like today? Well, it's good to be quiet and not say anything. . . .

But, we also affirm that our Hope is in God. . . . this verse is a help as we process through tragedy and loss.

Psalm 62
5 Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. 6 He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. 7 My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge.



Aaron

No comments: