Thursday, January 6, 2011

Lynx

No, not the spotted forest creature. . . . . But here some things that I've been reading this week.


--Alot of folks are scared about facebook and twitter, etc. .People think it's doing bad things to our brains (I might agree with that), people are scared about the way it changes how we read, etc. .

Doug Wilson has an amazing post about the history of such fears. This is really worth 5 minutes to read the whole thing. Wilson, though I don't agree with him on everything, is a brilliant man.

Really great piece.


--Here's a happy/sad piece about one woman's 25th wedding anniversary. It seems such anniversaries are rare these days. What's her secret? Read on.

-- If you have questions/concerns about Calvinism and the old predestination/free will debate. . RC Sproul has a helpful Q and A here:


Ask R.C. Live (Nov. 30, 2010) from Ligonier on Vimeo.


--I found this site a few weeks ago. It's really funny. . . if you're a nerd like me. I think this is clever as a blog concept, and as a humor concept in general. I want Conan to have "indexes" on Tuesday nights (ala "headlines"). I don't understand today's post :) But, scroll down. . funny stuff.


--I've been watching the Passion conference all week. They always do a great job. If you've never been "in" to John Piper, or have trouble understanding his "God making much of Himself" central message, check out his talk from Passion this year. This philosophy changed alot of my thinking years ago.


Sorry, not alot of short clicks. . . .but that kind of thing ruins your brain anyway :) enjoy the lynx!



No comments: