Monday, May 11, 2009

Trying to get at their hearts. . . .

After all the embarrassment they've suffered in this blog. . . I will now brag on my kids a little.

Over the last few months we've been memorizing some things during our family worship time right before bed. So, now Provi, Eden , and Sam all have memorized the Lord's Prayer, and the first 1/2 of the Apostle's Creed. We're now working on John 3:16.

I'm not doing it so that they become Christian jerks when they get older. . . .But, I'm just trying to point their hearts toward Jesus, and then pray like crazy that He grabs their hearts. Prayerfully, we hope these words will sink in and accomplish the work God meant for them. Anyone have any small passages that you've helped your kids memorize? I"m always looking.

Aaron

1 comment:

Michelle E said...

Funny you write this now! We just pulled out our ABC book of bible verses with Sophie that we do at night (A- A soft answer turns away wrath, Proverbs 15:1; B-Blessed are the peacemakers...). Haven't done the others you mentioned... although we have video of my mom asking Sophie to say the Lord's Prayer and she pauses... and starts to sing "Oh, the Lord is good to me..." It's a "prayer" that has Lord in it :) I think it's great to help our kids (& us) hide these things in their hearts. Well done!